Privacy Statement & Store/Clubs Policies
Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions:
'Passion for Pets' means Passion for Pets Corporation Pty Ltd and includes where appropriate Passion for Pets's employees, agents, and contractors, officers and related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001.
'Members' means the members of Passion for Pets VIP Club and 'Member' means a person who has applied for membership and whose application has been accepted by Passion for Pets.
An applicant may apply to be a Member by completing and submitting a Passion for Pets VIP Club Application Form:
- in a Passion for Pets store;
- completing the online form;
Membership is only available to individuals. Trusts, partnerships, joint ventures, associations, corporations or any other body corporate cannot apply.
Passion for Pets may accept or refuse an application for membership in its absolute discretion. If an applicant does not provide the necessary information on the Application Form, that applicant may not be eligible to participate in Passion for Pets VIP Club.
Membership rights are determined by Passion for Pets from time to time and may include discounts for products purchased at Passion for Pets stores.
Discounts apply to the member noted on the application form and may not be used in conjunction or combination with any other offer or promotion unless otherwise stated. Member discounts are not available on goods at 'sale' or 'special' prices.
It is the responsibility of the Member to maintain a valid postal address, email address and mobile phone number with Passion for Pets to continue to receive Member benefits. This can be done in store or via our web site.
By applying to Passion for Pets VIP Club, the applicant acknowledges and accepts the VIP Club Membership terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are binding to an applicant upon the issue of approved Membership.
Each Member consents and agrees to receive marketing information, offers and special discounts from Passion for Pets. A Member may choose to opt out at any time by either unsubscribing from their notification or by contacting their store. In doing so however you will forfeit any discounts and privileges associated with our frequent buyers Club and special VIP only specials and store discounts.
A Member must produce proof of membership if seeking the benefit of any discount or other benefit offered to Members, or upon request by Passion for Pets. This is currently through the use of the VIP Club Membership Card, membership number or appropriate form of identification such as a current drivers licence.
Any liability arising out of or in any way connected with a Member's participation in Passion for Pets VIP Club is the responsibility of that Member.
Passion for Pets is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any Member whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Passion for Pets in connection with Passion for Pets VIP Club, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of Passion for Pets VIP Club or Passion for Pets or in any activity in which Members are invited to participate. This condition is subject to any liability which may not be lawfully excluded, in which case such liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
All discounts for Members for purchases at Passion for Pets stores are subject to availability.
Member discounts are not negotiable, non-transferable, or redeemable for cash.
Passion for Pets makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes.
Passion for Pets shall not be liable in any way if benefits or promotions are unavailable as a result of a technical malfunction, operator fault, errors resulting from computer hardware or software errors or failure.
Members indemnify Passion for Pets for and against any loss or claim suffered or incurred by Passion for Pets arising from or in connection with a breach of these terms and conditions by a Member.
Passion for Pets VIP Club, components of Passion for Pets VIP Club and its associated promotions may be amended or withdrawn by Passion for Pets at any time without notice.
Passion for Pets does not warrant in any way that the discounts or benefits for Members will be available at any particular time or times or in any particular place.
Member Redeemed Dollars
Accrued Member Dollars translate to dollars off in store at a rate of five percent. For example when you have spent $1000 in store you will have accumulated $50 in credit on your Member account. You can redeem your Member Dollars in store at any time once you've accumulated a $50 credit.
Products may at times be subject to certain exclusions at the discretion of Passion for Pets.
Points earned on goods subsequently returned or refunded will be cancelled.
Any queries in regards to Member Points need to be submitted in writing to Passion for Pets Head Office. In case of dispute, Passion for Pet's decision shall be final and binding.
Frequent Buyers program
Terms and Conditions
Customers must be a VIP Club Member to qualify for the Frequent Buyer Program.
Bag purchase amounts will be calculated at the store register.
Once the required number of bags has been reached, the Frequent Buyer Voucher will be emailed out to members for redemption.
It is the Members' responsibility to ensure that their details including email addresses are kept up to date with their store.
Redeemed bags must only be for the same brand in the same size grouping.
Redemptions cannot be altered or swapped for another product.
Members must present their Frequent Buyer Voucher in store to redeem their free product.
The Frequent Buyer Program is not applicable to online purchases.
Frequent Buyer Vouchers must be redeemed within six months of issue.
The Frequent Buyer Program is restricted to the following participating brands:
- Earthborn Holistic - Buy 8 get 1 free - plus 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 7.5% discount at point of sale. This equates to an overall discount of 25% for Earthborn Holistic purchases from Passion for Pets
- Advance Cat & Dog - Buy 10 get 1 free - plus 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 7.5% discount at point of sale. This equates to an overall discount of 22.5% for Advance purchases from Passion for Pets
- Hills Dog - Spend $500 and get a $50 voucher = 10% benefit - plus 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 7.5% discount at point of sale. This equates to an overall discount of 22.5% for Hill's Dog purchases from Passion for Pets
- Hills Cat (and Small Dog Bags) - Spend $250 and get a $25 voucher = 10% benefit - plus 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 7.5% discount at point of sale. This equates to an overall discount of 22.5% for Hill's Cat purchases from Passion for Pets
- Eukanuba Cat & Dog - Buy 10 get 1 free - plus 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 5% discount at point of sale. This equates to an overall discount of 20% for Eukanuba purchases from Passion for Pets
- Royal Canin Cat & Dog - Buy 10 get one free - plus 5%
rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 5% discount at point of sale.
This equates to an overall discount of 20% for Royal Canin
purchases from Passion for Pets
The Following Brands are Excluded from the Frequent Buyers Program, but do attract a discount and rebate:
- IAMS Cat & Dog - 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 7.5% discount at point of sale. No free bags with loyalty on this brand. This equates to an overall discount of 12.5% for IAMS purchases from Passion for Pets
- Supercoat Dog - 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 7.5% discount at point of sale. No free bags with loyalty on this brand. This equates to an overall discount of 12.5% for IAMS purchases from Passion for Pets
- Bonnie Dog - 5% rebate (Spend $1000, get $50), plus a 7.5% discount at point of sale. No free bags with loyalty on this brand. This equates to an overall discount of 12.5% for IAMS purchases from Passion for Pets
VIP Club Members points are not accrued with the free product redemption.
Passion for Pets reserves the right to cancel, modify or restrict the Frequent Buyer Program or aspects of the Program at any time with or without notice
Changes and Termination
Member rights are valid until terminated or cancelled by Passion for Pets (at its absolute discretion) or until the Member notifies their nominated Passion for Pets store that he or she wishes to terminate their Membership.
Passion for Pets may, at its absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, at any time and without notice cancel any membership or substitute advertised discounts for any other item of a comparable value.
A Member may terminate participation in the VIP Club by calling Passion for Pets Head Office on (03) 9775 1361 or by contacting their local store.
Passion for Pets may terminate a Membership without notice for any reason including, without limitation, if a Member:
- fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- provides Passion for Pets with any misleading information;
- registers and/or activates more than one account.
- unsubscribes from the marketing.
Passion for Pets understands the importance of protecting your rights to privacy. In handling personal information, Passion for Pets is subject to the Privacy Act and complies with the ten National Privacy Principles in the Act.
Passion for Pets collects your personal information to assist you with providing the best possible care and attention for you and your pets. This information may be used for follow-up courtesy calls to monitor how your puppy/kitten is settling in with its new family, to enquire if you have any questions or queries, or in the event of any health issues associated with your pet. A failure to provide your personal information may affect our ability to assist you and your puppy/kitten after purchase.
Your personal information may also be used in relation to other Passion for Pets marketing and activities. Please note that you have the right to request at any time that you no longer wish to be part of any Passion for Pets activities and have your personal information used for that purpose.
To provide our services to you, we may disclose your information to third parties that we engage to provide health care for your puppy, or administrative or other related services. Such disclosure is always on a confidential basis.
You have a right to access the personal information we collect and hold about you.
If at any time you would like to access or change your details, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us.
Returns & Refunds
Under the Trade Practices Act 1974 you may seek a refund if goods:
· Are or become faulty through no fault of your own
· Are not fit for a stated purpose or a purpose you made known to our sales staff
· Don't match our description or sample
· Have defects that were not obvious or we did not bring to your attention.
However, the goods must be returned within a reasonable period and you may be asked for proof of purchase.
You may also be asked to demonstrate that the problem with the goods is not your fault.
If you prefer an alternative to a refund, we can arrange for goods to be exchanged or repaired. A store credit may be offered at our discretion.
Please choose carefully as you are not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind. Keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
For more information on warranties and refunds, please contact us.
Puppy and Kitten Returns Policy
PUPPY REFUND POLICY
All pups sold from Passion for Pets come with a three-day cooling off period from date of purchase as described under the Bureau of Animal Welfare Code of Practice for Pet Stores.
This means that should you wish to return the pet for any reason whatsoever within the first three days from purchase, you may do so and receive a seventy-five percent refund of your purchase price.
This refund offer does not extend to any other goods purchased. They are covered under the Passion for Pets refund policy.
A copy of this policy is displayed within each store.
Unfortunately due to the nature of live animals and diseases, Passion for Pets cannot guarantee nor do they warrant that this puppy is free of genetic type defects such as hip dysplasia, hernias, arthritis, OCD or the like. We recommend you carefully research the breed of pup you intend to purchase prior to purchase, as many of these defects are common within specific breeds.
KITTEN REFUND POLICY
All kittens sold from Passion for Pets come with a three-day cooling off period from date of purchase as described under the Bureau of Animal Welfare Code of Practice for Pet Stores.
This means that should you wish to return your kitten for any reason whatsoever within the first three days from purchase, you may do so and receive a seventy-five percent refund of your purchase price.
This refund offer does not extend to any other goods purchased. They are covered under the Passion for Pets refund policy. A copy of this policy is displayed within each store.
Lay Buy Policy
1. Lay-by period is 60 days.
2 Subject to clause 3, cancellation by customer will incur the cancellation charge as detailed in your lay-by documentation handed to you at the time of lay-by.
3. The customer may cancel the lay-by without incurring a cancellation charge if the goods are delivered damaged or any other circumstance that is set out in section 89(3) of the Fair Trading Act 1999 (as amended) ("the Act").
4. Lay-bys of more than one item cannot be separated and must be paid for in full before collection.
5. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform Passion for Pets of any change of address or contact details.
6. The ownership of the lay-by goods will not pass to the customer until the total price has been paid and the terms and conditions of the lay-by contract have been fulfilled.
7. Instalment Details
Non-payment of any of the instalments set out (Weekly, fortnightly, or monthly) will be a breach of the lay-by agreement and Passion for Pets may cancel the lay-by after giving the customer 14 days written notice of the breach. In such case the notice will be posted to the customer's last known address. If customer has not made a further payment within 14 days the customer will be deemed to have cancelled the lay-by.
The customer will forfeit the goods and incur the cancellation charge as set by Passion for Pets and any remaining sum shall be reimbursed to the customer.
8. If monies paid are less than the cancellation charge, Passion for Pets may recover any outstanding amount from the customer.
9. If Passion for Pets cancels the lay-by other than for a breach of the above conditions then all monies will be returned to the customer without a cancellation charge being incurred.
10. The customer's right to cancel this lay-by and the procedure to be followed on cancellation are set out in section 85 of the Act.
The personal information provided by you is collected for the purposes of processing the lay-by and acts as evidence of the contractual arrangement between Passion for Pets and yourself for this lay-by. The personal information provided by you will not be disclosed to any third party other than as required by law. If you do not provide this information, Passion for Pets will not be able to enter into the lay-by with you.